Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Upcoming PPV Event

Most Recent Show

Latest topics
» "The Physical Embodiment of PCW." Triumph
TRIUMPH 001. | VS. CHARLIE CARTER.  I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:43 pm by James Christ

» Megumi Mizuno
TRIUMPH 001. | VS. CHARLIE CARTER.  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2024 7:47 pm by castermerlin

» Sovereign Vengeance - Triumph: Homecoming
TRIUMPH 001. | VS. CHARLIE CARTER.  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2024 12:05 pm by HIM

» Blind Faith
TRIUMPH 001. | VS. CHARLIE CARTER.  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2024 11:45 am by Mercadier de Leon

» Chrome
TRIUMPH 001. | VS. CHARLIE CARTER.  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2024 8:19 am by Sawyer

» Just two boys, two girls, and a night to remember.
TRIUMPH 001. | VS. CHARLIE CARTER.  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2024 9:36 pm by Bad Boy

» Not So Blind - 23/09/24
TRIUMPH 001. | VS. CHARLIE CARTER.  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2024 7:09 pm by Matt Miles

» Tilly Hellstrom ⚡
TRIUMPH 001. | VS. CHARLIE CARTER.  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2024 5:02 pm by Tilly Hellstrom

» Remington Ivory Prescott
TRIUMPH 001. | VS. CHARLIE CARTER.  I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2024 11:30 pm by Remington Ivory Prescott

Affiliates

TRIUMPH 001. | VS. CHARLIE CARTER.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Destiny Dior

Destiny Dior

TRIUMPH 001. | VS. CHARLIE CARTER.  Empty
PostSubject: TRIUMPH 001. | VS. CHARLIE CARTER.    TRIUMPH 001. | VS. CHARLIE CARTER.  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 22, 2023 10:52 pm

THE EQUALIZER. | CHICAGO, ILLINOIS.
You only get one chance to make a first impression.

Prestige Championship Wrestling only gets to do this debut thing one time. For the most part, I know that people’s eyes are fixed on the ones they already know – Azumi Goto, Matt Miles, Target Smiles, Nathan Bogard, Kasey Kash, you know the ones. That’s fine.

For now.

Usually, before someone says something about a first impression, they’re talking about a scenario where they wanna make a positive impact – a first date, a job interview, whatever. They’re brimming with optimism. The goal is to win someone over. The difference between me and any of the people who have ever been in any of those situations that have been so intent on leaving positive memories for people to look back on is that…I’m not particularly worried about what footprint I’ll leave. I’m not showing up to win hearts, minds, or fans. I’m extremely practical. I know that wrestling has a lot to do with optics and bravado. What looks cool and what sounds cool goes a long way, but the real tender that pushes you forward isn’t who you curry favor with, it’s how many W’s you stack up. That’s my primary concern: victories. Pushing myself forward and furthering my young career in this business. That begins in Chicago, on a Sunday night unlike any other.

My name is Destiny Dior, and the most important thing to note about me as of now is that I’ll be winning this match.

I’m sure Charlie Carter covets that much-needed debut win just as badly as I do.

I know she likes to fight. That’s pretty much all I know about her. She’s in luck, then…it’ll be hard for her to find anybody who can scrap better than me, and she very much strikes me as the type who finds the fun in all of this. I can’t really relate. Do I like wrestling? Of course. I'd be wasting my time otherwise, but let’s not pretend it’s not more fun if you’re winning or the checks aren’t rolling in. That’s just how shit works. The ones with the most wins are (usually) the ones with the belts, and the ones with the straps are the ones with the most leverage. They’re the ones who get the most out of…all of this. One wrong move, one moment spent in the wrong place at the wrong time, and your wrestling career is over. It could happen to any of us. That’s why the smartest among us know that the key is to make your time worth it – and time is money. So, Charlie Carter – the spirited brawler, the one for whom the honorable battle is a whole tenet of her belief system – will definitely have fun here. She can compete in this match against me for the love of the game, for whatever makes her heart race, for respect, for all of the fluff, and all of the extra shit. She can have all of the side dishes, because the victory is mine.

I say that because I learned early in life to only go after the things that matter. I know how quickly shit can change. For most people, the Eastside is just a place they’ve heard of through a Snoop Dogg album cut. For me, those environs weren’t just the product of someone else’s artistic expression. Those street corners and side streets were places that I came up in, and an environment that I had to navigate a hell of a lot of landmines to escape. I wear it on my sleeve not for pity, but for motivation.

We can’t help what we’re born into. Now, how we’re living when we die, that’s all on you – and you’re a fool if you don’t try and make your ending and improvement over your beginnings.

I found and clung to my escapes where I could find them. Academics. Volleyball. Music videos. Wrestling. Where some niggas can’t even find one way out of the hood, I had more than a few at my disposal, and this path here in wrestling is the most promising one. Make no mistake, the wrestling ring is an equalizer. When that bell rings, your past and what you’ve battled back against won’t be the shit that wins you a match. Either you’re better than the person standing across from you or you’re not. So no, I don’t think I can beat Charlie Carter or anyone else just because my upbringing was rough. It was a springboard to push me toward wanting so much more for myself, yes, but ultimately, my ability will speak for itself.

She might like to fight, but I like to win.

That’s all there is to it. No bullshit. This is all business, and in this business, people are willing to kill and die over momentum. All I’ve gotta do to get it on my side is come out of the gate swinging and win this match. As it stands right now, people are holding their breath waiting to see what all the household names are gonna do on the first episode of Triumph. But one day, yeeeeears from now, I’d bet money the view will be different. Shit, Charlie, we might even steal the show. And while you remember that night in Chicago as the one where you faced the fight of your life, I’ll remember it as the one where I put myself on the map.

Matt Miles and Quest like this post

Back to top Go down

TRIUMPH 001. | VS. CHARLIE CARTER.
Page 1 of 1