Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Upcoming PPV Event

Most Recent Show

Latest topics
» "The Physical Embodiment of PCW." Triumph
Not So Blind - 23/09/24 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:43 pm by James Christ

» Megumi Mizuno
Not So Blind - 23/09/24 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2024 7:47 pm by castermerlin

» Sovereign Vengeance - Triumph: Homecoming
Not So Blind - 23/09/24 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2024 12:05 pm by HIM

» Blind Faith
Not So Blind - 23/09/24 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2024 11:45 am by Mercadier de Leon

» Chrome
Not So Blind - 23/09/24 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2024 8:19 am by Sawyer

» Just two boys, two girls, and a night to remember.
Not So Blind - 23/09/24 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2024 9:36 pm by Bad Boy

» Not So Blind - 23/09/24
Not So Blind - 23/09/24 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2024 7:09 pm by Matt Miles

» Tilly Hellstrom ⚡
Not So Blind - 23/09/24 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2024 5:02 pm by Tilly Hellstrom

» Remington Ivory Prescott
Not So Blind - 23/09/24 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2024 11:30 pm by Remington Ivory Prescott

Affiliates

Not So Blind - 23/09/24

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Matt Miles
Admin
Matt Miles

Not So Blind - 23/09/24 Empty
PostSubject: Not So Blind - 23/09/24   Not So Blind - 23/09/24 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2024 7:09 pm

Fade in. The image focuses on the glistening Blind Faith Tag Team Tournament trophy as it shines under the bright lights inside a pristine, glass cabinet in the PCW Headquarters. Its appearance is near perfect… save for a single indentation just off the center of the cup. On the winners plaque reads two names: Matt Miles & Damian Mordeau As if on cue, the aforementioned Man with the Midas Touch steps into frame. Dressed in his usual attire of a fitted suit and tie, his half of the PCW Tag Team Championships is draped over his shoulder. His gaze, however, is fixated solely on the trophy that sits inside the cabinet. There’s a moment of silence before a chuckle escapes him and he points to its rather large dent.

“I did that, you know. …Well, my head did, anyway.”

A smile crosses Matt's face.

“Despite Damian Mordeau deciding to drop me on my head the moment he got the chance, Blind Faith brings back nothing but fond memories. I can recall every step it took to get to that match against Target Smiles and Percival and every time I do I can’t help but smile because I know that I played my cards perfectly. Mordeau and I, we won the tournament, and in the main event of Blind Faith we set the stage for what Prestige Championship Wrestling was and — more importantly — what it was going to become. PCW has grown tenfold since then. We’re a year removed from the first Blind Faith Pay-Per-View and big names have flooded in, new championships have been introduced, and the hungry have only grown hungrier. But the craziest thing? I look back at that card and I look at everyone that took part, all the people who were trying to make names for themselves, and you know what I see? A whole lot of names that got forgotten about. Few of them still mean something in this company. It’s Kasey Kash, Tomi Venus, Mercadier de Leon… and me. That just goes to show how far this company has come. The Destiny Diors and the Niles Jenkins’ and the Percivals have been replaced with the likes of Emmanuelle and Sawyer. Week after week, the level of competition has been raised… and yet here I remain. Like it or not, that means something. Just because I laid the foundation for PCW the moment its doors opened doesn’t mean I’m not still building. I was the first ever winner of the Blind Faith tournament and now? Now I’m one half of the PCW Tag Team Champions. If that doesn’t tell you I’m ready for this then I don’t know what does.”

“The first time I was entered into this tournament I was paired up with the most untrustworthy backstabber the PCW board could find for me. This time I’m walking in with the greatest advantage you could ask for: History. Heritage. Legacy. It’s like I said, I played my cards perfectly the first time around and I know even better now what it takes to win this thing. Does that put a target on my back? Sure. But when have I not had someone trying to take a shot at me? None of this is new when you’ve walked down the roads I have.”

“But when you talk about the roads and paths we’ve walked, that’s where things get… interesting.”

“It seems, at least for now, that Arata Asakura and I’s journeys are intertwined.”

“I don’t mind that. I don’t mind that because, despite our recent history, I do still respect you, Arata. For all the right reasons... and even some of the wrong ones too. Because even after all the terrible things you've involved yourself in — a little part of me is jealous. The Matt Miles of years past would have killed to have been in your shoes on a number of occasions... but I never quite got there. It's for the best that I didn't — I know that — but as crazy as things have gotten you've always struck me as a man with a plan. I’ve always admired you for that. You're a calculated individual. You think with logic, not ego. You have almost everything it takes to be the greatest in this business... except for one thing: Heart. You've got all the tools in the ring and you're a mastermind and tactician unlike many others but when it comes to your heart... it's painfully clear to me that you leave that at home. You keep it safe with your wife and your family. My heart? Mine's right here on my sleeve for everyone to see. ”

Miles directs the camera’s attention to his wrist, pulling his sleeve up just enough to press his thumb down on his pulse.

“That might sound rich coming from a guy who’s idea of casual attire is a suit but — believe me — when I say that’s why I’m here, standing in front of this trophy, reminding everyone of what it took for me to get my name on that plaque, I mean it.

“And Alex Carter? Come on. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see you’re one heartless motherfucker.”

And that's what will set us apart.

“Don’t believe me? Take a look at whose name is on that plaque again.”

“Take a look at who won the main event of Blind Faith.”

“And take a look at who’s. Still. Here.

And then there’s a moment of pause. The following leaves his mouth with cold intention.

“I’ve won this tournament before with Damian Mordeau and I’ll do it again with the Hustle Supernova by my side.”

“Because the faith I have is not so blind.”

Fade to black.
Back to top Go down

Not So Blind - 23/09/24
Page 1 of 1