Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Upcoming PPV Event

Most Recent Show

Latest topics
» "Big" Brit Wheeler
A New Light - Triumph 23/07/23 I_icon_minitimeToday at 10:00 am by Big Dawg Brit

» El Master Vato
A New Light - Triumph 23/07/23 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2024 10:02 pm by Mercadier de Leon

» Take Nothing on Blind Faith
A New Light - Triumph 23/07/23 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2024 11:50 pm by Emmanuelle

» Blind Faith?
A New Light - Triumph 23/07/23 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2024 11:35 pm by Ceridwen

» The Game Over
A New Light - Triumph 23/07/23 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2024 10:54 pm by ExtremeFreebirds

» "Blinded in Former Faith." Triumph: Homecoming.
A New Light - Triumph 23/07/23 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2024 10:45 pm by Alex Carter.

» Eliza Dushku.
A New Light - Triumph 23/07/23 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2024 7:55 pm by Remington Ivory Prescott

» Megumi's Declaration
A New Light - Triumph 23/07/23 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2024 6:45 pm by castermerlin

» Difficult Choices. - Blind Faith Tournament #1
A New Light - Triumph 23/07/23 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2024 10:10 am by Arata Asakura

Affiliates

A New Light - Triumph 23/07/23

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Matt Miles
Admin
Matt Miles

A New Light - Triumph 23/07/23 Empty
PostSubject: A New Light - Triumph 23/07/23   A New Light - Triumph 23/07/23 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 15, 2023 10:05 am

We fade from black to the inside of a well-lit and even better designed office. Sitting behind the oak wood desk is an all too familiar face. With one foot on the seat of his chair, Matt Miles uses it to rest his elbow as he plays with the collar of his shirt collar. He lets out a small laugh, his sights set on something in the distance, as though stuck in a trance.

“So this is it, huh? The cat’s finally out of the bag! That’s right, Matt Miles is back. Pen has been put to paper and a very, very lucrative contract has been signed, making me an official roster member of the brand spanking new “Prestige Championship Wrestling”.”

Matt leans back in his chair, his hands almost spelling out the name of the promotion as he utters the name of PCW for the first time, his head finally snapping to turn towards the camera with clear intent, removing the pair of Ray-Ban sunglasses from his face and allowing them to hang in his hand.

“It’s been a while since you last saw me. Back when I was happy to throw away my money at any wrestler who could tie their own laces, hoping they would meet the potential that I and so many others saw in them… but, needless to say, my last venture was a failed one. Things didn’t go as I had planned and when the going got tough the tough… well, the tough certainly got going. They just got going somewhere else instead. Like I said, a failed venture. But no man is built on purely success. If he says he is, he’s talking about the success of someone else. A father, a mother, a grandparent, a sibling, but not his own. No. A man’s honor, his reputation, and his ability to persevere are all built on his failures and how he handles them. So I took that defeat as I’ve taken any of the ones I’ve faced inside the ring. I stopped, I thought about what I could do better, and I made it sure that I wouldn’t make the same mistake again. That brings us to now. To PCW. A name that in itself brings expectations and a level of majesty that people like me are going to be called upon to live up to.”

Miles stops for a moment. He looks down and takes a beat and then turns his attention back to the camera.

“It’s a big ask. Outside of a couple of talents, Prestige Championship Wrestling’s foundation will be built off the backs of men and women who are once again still looking for their big break, wanting to make a name for themselves, craving for that opportunity to finally stand in the spotlight as the star of the show. But they can’t get ahead of themselves. We’ve got a whole house to build, ladies and gentlemen. My house. That’s right. I’m just gonna come out and say it. For a long time now I’ve been selfless, been the best friend to guys who’ve just needed a sprinkle of this magic gold dust to be immortalized in this great sport, but a couple of months ago I realized something. June seventh, two thousand and twenty-three, I turned thirty years old. At thirty years old I’d accomplished a lot of things — a hell of a lot more than most other people in this industry — but thinking about that is when it hit me: I’ve always looked out for other people. I’ve never focused on my own goals. Whether it was beefing with a guy who had history with one of my stablemates or it was letting another guy whisper in my ear telling me what I needed to do, there was always some kind of ulterior motive to everything I did.”

Matt’s chair spins steadily until his body is perfectly in line with the camera staring back at him. Bringing down his leg, he tucks the arm of his glasses into his shirt collar and leans forward, staring hard.

It’s about time that stopped.

His tone is harsh… but soon a small smile creeps out of the corner of his mouth.

“I can’t say I’ll be the perfect upstanding performer that a company like this that still has the new car smell needs but I can tell you that whatever I do do, it won’t be for anyone else but myself. It’s time I focused on bettering myself for myself, and it’s about time I stood at the mountaintop alone. And why now? Well, why not now! Like I said, this is a new playing field with new players so what better time and place to say “out with the old”? Which brings me to Aiden Fletcher. Don’t worry, kid, I didn’t forget about you. I’m sure when you hear “out with the old'', you're thinking the same when you look at a guy like me who’s been around the block and already had more pounds of gold draped over his shoulder than you’ve had years since you were born. I’m not exactly a spring chicken anymore but don’t go jumping the gun just yet because I’ve still got plenty of magazines left to load this thing with. I talk as though I’m a veteran — and truthfully, I kinda am — but the reality is I’m only just now entering the prime of my career. I’m not going to pretend like I’ve watched everything you’d done leading up to coming here to PCW but, respectfully, this coming Sunday isn’t about you. You might have all the tools to be someone great in this business but I’ve been sharpening and caring for mine for a hell of a long time.”

Matt stands up from his chair, hands slipping into his pockets.

“These are the brightest lights you’ll have ever performed under, but me?"

"For me, this is about bringing to light a new Matt Miles.

Fade to black.
Back to top Go down

A New Light - Triumph 23/07/23
Page 1 of 1