Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Upcoming PPV Event

Most Recent Show

Latest topics
» "Big" Brit Wheeler
"Adapt." Triumph I_icon_minitimeToday at 10:00 am by Big Dawg Brit

» El Master Vato
"Adapt." Triumph I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2024 10:02 pm by Mercadier de Leon

» Take Nothing on Blind Faith
"Adapt." Triumph I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2024 11:50 pm by Emmanuelle

» Blind Faith?
"Adapt." Triumph I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2024 11:35 pm by Ceridwen

» The Game Over
"Adapt." Triumph I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2024 10:54 pm by ExtremeFreebirds

» "Blinded in Former Faith." Triumph: Homecoming.
"Adapt." Triumph I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2024 10:45 pm by Alex Carter.

» Eliza Dushku.
"Adapt." Triumph I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2024 7:55 pm by Remington Ivory Prescott

» Megumi's Declaration
"Adapt." Triumph I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2024 6:45 pm by castermerlin

» Difficult Choices. - Blind Faith Tournament #1
"Adapt." Triumph I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2024 10:10 am by Arata Asakura

Affiliates

"Adapt." Triumph

Go down 
AuthorMessage
James Christ

James Christ

"Adapt." Triumph Empty
PostSubject: "Adapt." Triumph   "Adapt." Triumph I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2024 7:36 pm

“Mr. Elliot.” A feminine voice came through the intercom on his desk; his secretary.

The gray-colored walls in his office were bare, except for the framed photo of James Christ in his first PCW appearance - and that’s where we find Aaron Elliot. Standing in front of the photo, his arms behind his back.His hands folded into one another.

“Mr. Elliot; Miles Larsen has called numerous times looking for you. The last call, his tone was not pleasant at all.”

This was when Aaron turned around, and to say the smile on his face was ‘huge’ would be an understatement. Another match from his client has come and gone, and Aaron was on cloud-fucking-nine.

“Do you know what that is, Jamison? That’s the phone call from a delusional old man who’s been made to eat his words. Saying he doesn’t see potential? HAH.” Aaron was ecstatic. Yes, he was technically an agent in the Larsen International Co. organization. Yes, Miles Larsen was his boss and signed his cheques - but Aaron Elliot aspired for bigger things.

For both himself and for Jamison.

Jamison sat, rather - slouched, on the couch in the office. His hands were in the front pockets of the hooded sweatshirt he wore with the hood over his head. His eyes followed Aaron as he paced back and forth talking, then exhaled deep. “Can you take that shit down?” He said, eyeing the huge, blown up, photo of him.

Aaron stopped, looking back at the photo. “This? Absolutely not.” He replied, defiantly. “This represents the beginning, kid. Your first match in PCW - the night you made a legend, a veteran, a goddamn former champion the world over - tap the. FUCK. out.. And your success didn’t stop at the Heart of Winter. Two formidable talents, two top class - world renown talents, you beat and .. what did I tell you? Now look at you, Prodigy Eliminator tournament. This picture is gonna’ be worth a fucking FORTUNE in a few years time when you’re the biggest star in the world; and I’m gonna’ be right behind you the entire way.”

“You’re two-and-oh in your career.”
Aaron finished.

“Three. Don’t forget Tried’N’True.” Jamison interjected.

Aaron frustratedly sighed. “I try to every day. Actually, speaking of, that crusted-over thundercunt Elizabeth Holloway still owes me money.” Aaron quickly moved behind his desk, grabbing the cell phone that lay there idle. After unlocking, he scrolls through his contacts - finding “Hollowell, Elizabeth”.

“Listen kid. You have that uh.. Uh..” Aaron snapped his fingers on his free hand as he “uhh’ed”. “.. That Gearheart girl at the next PCW show to prepare for. But you deserve a rest for the night. Go out, have fun - hey, talk to my new assistant Edith.”

Jamison stood, shaking his head. “I’m good. See ya’, Aaron.”

“HEY! I hired her for you, kid! Let me live vicariously through y --- ELIZABETH!” he shouted into the phone, “We need to have a pow-wow.”

----------------

"Adapt." Triumph Jb6xHvD

“I guess no one ever expected me, a still-green rookie, to defeat the highly touted, and extremely arrogant Tomi Venus. I guess no one ever expected a man with less than six months under his belt to defeat someone as infamously hardcore and violent like The Hobo King; but here we are.”

“Aaron is quite thrilled about it, though. He’s already decorating his office in his mind and picturing where to put the eventual Prodigy championship. If you were to ask him; this Eliminator tournament is a sham. Something that needs to happen in order to determine who should rightfully be in contention - but according to Aaron - Eliminator tournament or not, he seems to think I’m going to be that next person. Will I be?”

Shrug.

“Who knows? It could be Roxie Gearheart, but from the things I’ve heard - she has a tendency to bite off more than she can chew. The bark of an intimidating Lab, but the bite of an ant - or something Aaron told me once. Wrestling Olympian who dreams of cutting her teeth in the professional wrestling world, has an impressive arsenal of moves - but when you’re getting beaten, do those moves matter? You challenged for the championship at Popular Demand - and you failed. Sure, you may have beaten Ceridwen in the re-match, but it wasn’t for the title - so does it really matter?”

“I’m sure you’re not going to particularly care to be in a whole tournament to determine the next contender; but you don’t have a choice. I don’t understand these ‘promos’, man. Bitching, complaining, threatening and promising? All of that only falls of deaf ears, man - no matter who’s mouth it comes from. I get it, though. You need to put yourself over, and those who generally do it the most - are the one’s who can’t truly back it up in the ring. Me, though? I’m just showing up to fight. Tournament or not, my motivations don’t change. But at the end of the day, the best fighter should be the one with a title - and thus far, I’ve been pretty good at it - wouldn’t you agree?”

“Should I make it past Gearheart like my agent believes I will; will people be more like my agent? All aboard the James Christ hype-train? Don’t know, don’t really care to be honest. I’m not here to campaign for anyone’s adoration. I’m not here to win a popularity contest, or be deemed ‘the Next’ anything. Roxie may have the stars in her eyes, and may have designs on titles and all that --”

“But me? I’m here to just fight. It’s as simple as that. If I win, then I live to fight another day. If I lose? Well, that’s another story.”

“Adapt to the ever changing world around you. It’s how you live, it’s how you survive - especially where I’m from. Will Roxie survive? We’ll see…”

"Adapt." Triumph ZvMxMu6

Sawyer likes this post

Back to top Go down

"Adapt." Triumph
Page 1 of 1