Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Upcoming PPV Event

Most Recent Show

Latest topics
» I just don't like you
"Cliches." Triumph I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2024 5:35 pm by Tomi

» Arata Asakura
"Cliches." Triumph I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2024 1:09 pm by Arata Asakura

» Damian Mordeau.
"Cliches." Triumph I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2024 8:33 am by Damian Mordeau.

» The Bad Bad Boy
"Cliches." Triumph I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2024 8:54 pm by Tomi

» An Appropriate End
"Cliches." Triumph I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2024 11:54 pm by Augustus Dornberg

» The One True Shot Caller. #004
"Cliches." Triumph I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2024 11:12 pm by Alejandro Rivera

» "O.T.F" Triumph
"Cliches." Triumph I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2024 10:02 pm by James Christ

» Reflections // Triumph: vs. Jonah Aspergwall
"Cliches." Triumph I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2024 4:58 pm by Mercadier de Leon

» Weakness
"Cliches." Triumph I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2024 3:25 pm by Sawyer

Affiliates

"Cliches." Triumph

Go down 
AuthorMessage
James Christ

James Christ

"Cliches." Triumph Empty
PostSubject: "Cliches." Triumph   "Cliches." Triumph I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2024 1:47 pm

“Thank you for meeting with me; I’m absolutely thrilled with the prospect of all of this.” Aaron said, sitting down at one side of the desk in his new lavish office in Los Angeles, California.

Aaron Elliot, a former employee of the Larsen International Co., outgrew the culture there. Miles Larsen watching over every decision, the constant belittling and second-guessing what Aaron was doing; Aaron had enough, especially when it came to Jamison.

Miles did not like Jamison, he didn’t fit the cookie cutter mold which his clients normally did. Miles looked for those men and women who lived, breathed, and died pro wrestling; and Jamison was the antithesis of that. Jamison was a fighter who cared none for the business, and Miles loathed that about him - so he looked for any opportunity to get rid of him. Once Jamison began to find success, though, Aaron packed up and left for Los Angeles with his client.

“I’m looking for talent that would, otherwise, be ignored by agents. The one’s that don’t quite fit into the standard mold of ‘professional wrestler’. It’s the underdogs and castaways that I want to help explode onto the scene; take Jamison for example. No one would have given him a second look at the beginning, but now? I have to beat competitors off with a goddamn police baton because he’s one of the best in the game right now.” A shit-eating grin stretched across his face, proud that he found and has fully backed Jamison in his rise through the industry.

He turned, pointing at the two framed blow ups of his client; the first being Jamison’s first entrance in the PCW arena and the second being of him holding the Prodigy championship after winning. “That could be you, you know? A champion - just like James.”

------------

"Cliches." Triumph VbtDNqd

“Using the term ‘Prodigy’ to describe ones self is cliche as fuck, I know, but when the shoe fits I guess you have no other choice but to wear it. I know anyone who looks at, or holds this championship, calls themselves a Prodigy and while I don’t want to fall into the same pattern as them; it has never been as true as it is right now.”

“Tell me, what other Prodigy champion has come into the company and beaten everyone in their path? What other Prodigy champion has dispatched two former PCW World Champion during their title reigns? What other Prodigy champion has left little, to no, doubts in his ability even though he’s not a student of this game or industry?”

“Everyone - apart from one person - has doubted me since the second I was brought into this industry. And one by one I’ve turned them from doubters, to believers. I’ve endured the mocking, the hazing and the ridicule - and left everyone I’ve stepped into the ring against either knocked out, or they’ve tapped out because they could no longer take it. I’ve turned all of their promises into lies. I’ve shattered the dreams they’ve all built for themselves, and left them all embarrassed that they promised victory.”

“And while they need to go back and draft up a new plan to get back to me and my championship, I turn the page and move on. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again - the only person who deserves to hold championship gold - no matter the name they give the title - is the best fighter. Mordeau wasn’t the best. Nayati wasn’t. Steele wasn’t. Are you, Sabertooth?”

“You won the title from Nayati at Fools Gold - but, forgive me, that feat doesn’t really impress me. I’ve already beaten him, and it didn’t take weeks of blindside attacks to weaken him - and even then, it took you down to the wire in order to secure the victory. But, congratulations - you’re now the world champion. Now it’s time to do as they all say, put up and shut up.”

“I get it. You’re a living, breathing legend. I never followed this industry - not until I took my first steps in, and even within those first steps, I heard of Chris Sabertooth. Your legacy is world wide and while you're still breathing, you’re going to continue it and build upon that well-stacked resume.”

“I’m not intimidated by it, though. You’re the biggest challenge I’ve had to step up to, and to continue the whole cliche trend, the bigger they are - the harder they fall. I’m not intimidated by some pro wrestling accolades when my focus on fighting and I’m going to test your mettle. I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again; I don’t care about this shit - I’m here for a fight. What about you, though? Are you going to fight, or are you going to jump me like a coward? Do you deserve to hold the highest championship in this company, or are you as soft as every champion that preceded you?”

“You’ll argue your case, but to me? It remains unseen.”

“I’ve been warned of your past, what you’ve done and the demons you’ve had to battle - but that is ancient news. All that you are in my eyes is the supposed best in this company; and it’s time to prove it. You can keep your legacy, you can keep your accolades, you can keep all of the pro-wrestling bullshit once the final bell ends; I don’t care anything about that.”

“All I care about is being the best pure fighter in this company, and I am a fucking Prodigy in that regard.”

“I know this isn’t gonna’ be easy, but no fights - no real fights - are ever easy. But know that I plan on being the one walking away from this. You should find solace knowing you’ll be second best. Maybe your Salvation will save you from that reality …”

“But, I don’t suggest they try.”
Back to top Go down

"Cliches." Triumph
Page 1 of 1