Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Upcoming PPV Event

Most Recent Show

Latest topics
» Bad Bitch.
Ambitions and Limitations  I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:42 pm by Damian Mordeau.

» Poetic Assessment
Ambitions and Limitations  I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:41 pm by Augustus Dornberg

» Kash Rules Everything. #019
Ambitions and Limitations  I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:31 pm by Kasey Kash

» A Noble Truth Bomb
Ambitions and Limitations  I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:32 pm by forbiddenscum

» The Iron Will
Ambitions and Limitations  I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:01 pm by Maximus Steele

» [AK] THE WORLD OUTSIDE.
Ambitions and Limitations  I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:59 pm by JK2023

» The "Complete Shot"
Ambitions and Limitations  I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:16 pm by ExtremeFreebirds

» Vs Jayce Carver
Ambitions and Limitations  I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:09 pm by Nobi

» Happily Ever After. - vs Kasey Kash
Ambitions and Limitations  I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:33 pm by Arata Asakura

Affiliates

Ambitions and Limitations

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Augustus Dornberg

Augustus Dornberg

Ambitions and Limitations  Empty
PostSubject: Ambitions and Limitations    Ambitions and Limitations  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2024 11:58 pm

While being a wrestler was what he considered his purpose in life, Augustus had other interests and talents. One that he allowed the viewers at home to witness through the eyes of the cameraperson was gardening. In a well-kept solarium just outside of his home, dozens of flowers and even a few herbs were on display. Marigolds, zinnias, tomatoes, green beans and others. While he carefully watered and maintained the plants, he spoke in a calm, even voice.

It is human nature to aspire to be more than what we are. Ambition, in my view, is a critical portion of the human psyche. It can drive people into creating wondrous achievements for the betterment of mankind and our world in general…or it can drive people to become selfish, destructive disruptions that endanger established order. Ambition must also be tempered by an understanding of one’s own limitations. 

While I have full confidence that I would have succeeded in most sporting endeavors that I could have undertaken, I understood from a young age that professional wrestling would be the most effective route to leaving an unquestionable athletic legacy behind once my competing days are over. I do not measure the impact of my career with petty championships and tournament triumphs and money made. All of these things are insignificant compared to advancing this sport to even greater heights and creating an unbeatable style. 

For the first time, an expression is noticeable on Augustus’s face: disappointment. One of his flowers appears to have not gotten the amount of water necessary to survive and was on the verge of dying. He added a little extra water into that flower’s pot, making a mental note to give it more care in the future.

Trying to create something perfect is impossible in the hands of human beings. See? Despite my “green thumb”, I can still make mistakes with the care of these plants. This translates to the sport I wish to reform to a certain degree. Even my own style has experienced a setback in PCW against Scott Howland. Though my outings against the likes of Alejandro Rivera and Nobi have given credence to the words I speak to you, the viewers at home, I’m aware that it will take a great deal of effort to complete the audacious task I have taken up for the duration of my career.

In some respects, this makes me similar to my opponent, TJ Alexander. Now Mr. Alexander has made no secret of the fact that his ambitions extend far beyond the PCW World Tag Team Championships he held with Nobi once upon a time. While I was away from the ring awaiting my next challenge, I saw the match that he had with his former tag team partner and mentor. It was brutal, cruel and effective all told in the end. He has put together a commendable series of victories and has his eyes scanning the landscape, hungry to seize upon an opportunity. 

It’s quite a shame that I will seize HIM instead. 

His ambitions blind him to the fact that he is facing someone with an even bigger point to prove, that has a bigger purpose than simply collecting accolades. His ambitions blind him to the fact that even though he has impressive speed, impressive power for someone of his size, and all the intangibles that you would like to see in a professional wrestler, I have all of those traits and more. I can match his speed, he cannot match my intellect and wrestling intelligence. I can match his ambition, but he can’t match the emotional restraint and situational awareness that I possess. 

I will not dismiss him as someone unworthy of facing the full might of the Grand Inquisitor. He is someone that has been a champion before in PCW, albeit in a tag team instead of singles competition. He has been a champion in various promotions before his arrival here. But in all of those places and all of those adversaries, has he faced one as strong, calm and skilled as Augustus Dornberg? 

I do not think so, and on Triumph, I shall prove it. 

TJ Alexander is a fine athlete and it took courage to pry himself away from Nobi and become his own man. While I do not approve of the extent that he went in doing so, it would be foolish to dismiss the results of that metamorphosis. It would also be foolish to dismiss the fact that with every passing week, I grow more and more aware of not only who the wrestlers of Prestige Championship Wrestling are as wrestlers, I become more and more aware of who they are as people. I know what miniscule aspirations they have, the lengths that many will go to get a metaphorical doggy treat from the paying crowds, pandering to them with over-complicated moves that make little sense, cause little damage, and only lead to more risk than reward. 

I am not a slave to my ambitions…and I am aware of my limitations. 

Mr. Alexander will be made to adhere to the grand design. While there are certain things that would be better off discarded, perhaps I will find something useful in this match to add to my arsenal. Perhaps I will find Mr. Alexander’s breaking point, and make him realize that his ambitions are far beyond what he is capable of. The allure of gold does not drive me to compete, only the opportunity to inflict punishment to all who stand in the way of my restoration of this incredible sport to its roots and true nature. 

For far too long, the ambitions of charlatans and whoremongers have driven the direction of this sport. One by one, I will carve my way through every member of this roster until the entire company has been purified by pain. Mr. Alexander has not found a stepping stone, but the mighty wall that will inform him, with all respect…

That he cannot go any further.
Back to top Go down

Ambitions and Limitations
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: PCW Promos :: PCW Promos :: Season 1 Promos-
Jump to: