Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Upcoming PPV Event

Most Recent Show

Latest topics
» The One True Wake Up Call. #003
Stopping Gears  I_icon_minitimeToday at 12:14 am by Alejandro Rivera

» [SH:001] Humble Beginnings
Stopping Gears  I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:57 pm by S.Howlett

» A Cut Above The Rest
Stopping Gears  I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:48 pm by Augustus Dornberg

» Cure For the Plague
Stopping Gears  I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:07 pm by Allison

» What do you feel, Fallon?
Stopping Gears  I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:39 pm by Ceridwen

» "Cliches." Triumph
Stopping Gears  I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:47 pm by James Christ

» - GOLD RUSH -
Stopping Gears  I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:01 pm by Christopher Sabertooth

» Revival Screening
Stopping Gears  I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2024 11:38 am by Fallon Stone

» THE LAST OUTLAW.
Stopping Gears  I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2024 10:48 am by Matt Miles

Affiliates

Stopping Gears

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Emmanuelle

Emmanuelle

Stopping Gears  Empty
PostSubject: Stopping Gears    Stopping Gears  I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:58 pm

A bored looking Emmanuelle is sitting down in a small outdoor cafe in her hometown of Pasadena, a thick folder full of pictures and notes next to her that’s been opened up. 

“A lot of you are probably wondering how I’m feeling after letting that Valor Championship shot slip away against Tomi Venus. You want to know the truth? Not fucking pleasant to be totally honest. I didn’t make it a secret how much I wanted to have a rematch with Sawyer and to come up short in that regard sucked.” 

She shrugs off that initial look of disappointment, her face beaming into a small smile as she again goes through the notes that she made.

“But I sat at home for a few days, watching last week’s Triumph on TV, and I was thinking a bit to myself: do I sit here and mope about it or do I find another match, another goal, something that I can bring to the table for Fool’s Gold. A show that’s got FOUR championship matches and a damn dog collar match doesn’t need much more spice to it, but I saw someone who I’ve had my eye on for a little while. We’ve never crossed paths, just missing each other here and there, until now. Roxie Gerheart!” 

A beaming Emmy turns one of the pictures so that the camera can pick it up. 

“I watched her for a while since I’ve been in PCW. I saw you go thirty minutes plus with Ceridwen. Even though it was a losing effort, you let the world know then that you weren’t just some scrub that should be underestimated. Same thing in your appearance in the Go For Broke match- man I wish I was here for THAT clusterfuck- you impressed there too, Roxie.”

Emmy taps the side of her head with one of her fingers, a little smirk on her face.

“I’ve been studying you. Your style, your background, everything about you. I found out that you’re from Louisiana, not far from where I trained under Carlos Rosso. Breaux Bridge is actually a cool little place from the few memories I have of it. You were trained by Graham Baker and that’s something that immediately caught my attention. You were trained properly, but you blazed your own trail instead of copying him verbatim, something I respect. I’ve been against him a couple of times and it wasn’t easy work I can assure you. If you’re half as good as he is, this will be a problem. Also one thing that I really empathize with you is you being so close to being an Olympian but having some unfortunate things get in the way of that. You got hurt; I was aspiring to be on the United States Water Polo team…but the position I played just had too many players who were just a little better than I am, a little older and more experienced.” 

The rejection for that Olympic team still hurts Emmy deeply as evidenced by the expression on her face, being left off the Olympic roster essentially led to the end of her athletic career…or so she had thought. 

“In a lot of ways, this match is like looking in a mirror. We’re not always the favorites, you and I. We’re not afraid to express ourselves…though I think you’re a little louder and maybe even a little crazier. This is what makes this match so much fun to me though. I’ve been thinking about how many men feature here in PCW, and this is no disrespect to the boys. I’ve wrestled a lot of them and have taken some heartbreaking losses to them too, even though I’ve got my fair share of Ws to my name too. I look at this roster, and I see a lot of talented men stepping to the forefront….but a lot of women who aren’t pushing for more. Even though I’m not in a title match right now, I’m not satisfied. I’m not willing to just take a back seat to people just because I’m smaller, not as strong, so on and so forth. This is why I wanted it to be you, Roxie. I wanted to put on a fucking SPECTACLE with another woman, someone who needs this win just as desperately as I do, someone who wants to push their career to the next level!” 

Emmy takes a sip of her coffee, a confident grin forming as she enjoys the flavor. 

“You’re good, a tricky little spider monkey who punches like a pissed off gorilla. But I didn’t ask for this match to play nice and give you a chance to put the rocket to your back. No, no, no, mon ami, I asked for this match to show that no matter how hungry, no matter how tough, no matter how wild the opposition that is put in front of me, The nickname of Platinum Standard ain’t just for show and tell. I can back it up and put on the best show of the night…even if it’s not the main event.”

While the expression and posture that Emmy displays is calm and confident, her eyes are almost burning as she stares into the camera.

“I didn’t ask for you to dance with me because I just wanted another match. I picked you out because I believe that not only I can bring out the best in you, but you can bring out the best in me. This isn’t just about another win or another loss. This isn’t about getting into the title pictures or preparing for the next big opportunity. This is about embracing the here and the now. Roxie, I like you, but PCW is going to move how the Platinum Standard says it’s gonna move. If you don’t like that? Well, that’s too bad. Though I do have to say, you would make for a pretty badass sidekick once this is over.” 

An extremely confident Emmy winks as the scene fades.
Back to top Go down

Stopping Gears
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: PCW Promos :: PCW Promos :: Season 1 Promos-
Jump to: