Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Upcoming PPV Event

Most Recent Show

Latest topics
» The One True Wake Up Call. #003
Thesis Statement I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:14 am by Alejandro Rivera

» [SH:001] Humble Beginnings
Thesis Statement I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2024 11:57 pm by S.Howlett

» A Cut Above The Rest
Thesis Statement I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2024 11:48 pm by Augustus Dornberg

» Cure For the Plague
Thesis Statement I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2024 11:07 pm by Allison

» What do you feel, Fallon?
Thesis Statement I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2024 10:39 pm by Ceridwen

» "Cliches." Triumph
Thesis Statement I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2024 1:47 pm by James Christ

» - GOLD RUSH -
Thesis Statement I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2024 1:01 pm by Christopher Sabertooth

» Revival Screening
Thesis Statement I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2024 11:38 am by Fallon Stone

» THE LAST OUTLAW.
Thesis Statement I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2024 10:48 am by Matt Miles

Affiliates

Thesis Statement

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Augustus Dornberg

Augustus Dornberg

Thesis Statement Empty
PostSubject: Thesis Statement   Thesis Statement I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2024 11:56 pm

Lesson One: Thesis Statement

His private gymnasium. While most of his peers preferred to work out with more modern equipment, Augustus favored a more simplistic and minimalistic approach to things: Just the practice wrestling ring, an extensive collection of free weights and a jump rope would do, a worn heavy wooden block, dented in the middle. Everything he needed to keep up his lofty physical standard was right there in front of him.

I arrive soon. 

Triumph will mark the most essential turning point in the history of Prestige Championship Wrestling when I make my debut against Alejandro Rivera. I am aware that most of you viewing this video message are probably not as well-traveled and well-learned as I am, but I’m sure many of you are familiar with what a Thesis Statement is at least. For those of you that aren’t aware, it’s the part of your essay or research paper where you present a summary of your argument in broader terms before breaking it down into specifics through your work. 

This match, my debut, will serve as such for me. 

I have made little secret of the fact that I’m attempting to acquire as much wrestling knowledge as possible to perfect my own style, my ultimate defining contribution to the annals of wrestling history. I have also made it no secret that while I have respect for the capabilities of the men and women employed in this company, I have found little reason to fear any of them through my study of the talent pool here.

One of the most extensive pieces of study came, coincidentally enough, when I began to prepare for Mr. Rivera. His style is professional wrestling…yet not. While I have an open mind when it comes to incorporating other fighting arts and styles into our great sport, I can’t help but see someone like him and feel that his wrestling is a perversion. I don’t necessarily mean that in a purely negative context, but professional wrestling, boxing and common street fighting being meshed into one style is not particularly efficient in my view. 

I understand that Mr. Rivera has done all of them extensively and even earn championships despite his obvious limitations. I do wonder though how someone who is a jack of all trades can be a master of any. Yes, I look to add new maneuvers and incorporate new concepts, but not without straying from the core of my wrestling style. 

This is why I believe his victory over Brandon Hendrix warranted further study. 

I did, and my findings were…inadequate in comparison to my hopes. While his strikes and the way he approaches wrestling should be praised, his wrestling style is rudimentary at absolute best. His incessant attempts to intimidate do not inspire fear but amusement from those who actually know how to deal with someone like him. His holds, his tempo, even his subpar physique, I have seen far more intimidating and interesting opposition in Japan, where much of his wrestling style seems to emanate from. 

I have every advantage. 

I have had the opportunity to learn everything about Mr. Rivera, and I have had plenty of time to prepare. He knows precious little about me and that is by design. I am the larger wrestler with a notable height and reach advantage; I am the more powerful wrestler, more technically sound and better refined wrestler as. There is no doubt in my mind that I am also a far more intelligent wrestler. While I do not take his ability to hit hard and willingness to fight anyone without provocation or hesitation lightly, the more that I watched him compete I have become thoroughly convinced that he’s nothing more than a mindless brute, waddling around in this profession because it’s a chance to make money. 

There are far too many in this honorable sport like him.

Through no fault of their own, because they have not been trained by competent wrestlers and have faced even less competent competition throughout their careers, they believe that they are something better than what they actually are. They believe that their championships, their status, their trophies all make them great wrestlers. They believe that the bastardization of this sport benefits them. They believe that they are untouchable.

They are far from that. 

The man that I will battle on Triumph fancies himself a king. He will be deposed in short order. An example needs to be made and the standard of traditional professional wrestling must be raised. My early research for this great endeavor leads me to believe that there are precious few here in PCW who are capable of drawing out the true potential of my wrestling style and what I am truly capable of doing. 

I would like to believe that Alejandro Rivera is in that number, that he will offer me something that I cannot anticipate, that I will have to endure a hard-fought battle to earn my first victory in PCW. Unfortunately, I don’t believe he will live up to my hopes. There have been many times throughout the annals of history that kings have been conquered and their kingdoms lost for all of time. Think, how many pagan kings can you think of? How many Roman emperors? How many kings, sultans, chiefs of smaller kingdoms do you know? Do you remember the Mongol Empire? 

To use layman's terms, there are levels to this. And I will show, as only I can, that my level far surpasses Mr. Rivera’s. But even as I crush his crown in front of him, he will have the honor of earning a distinction that no one else can in the annals of Prestige Championship Wrestling. It is an honor and distinction that I am sure that he does not want, but he will have.

Augustus suddenly delivers a powerful knife-edge chop to the wooden block, denting it further.

He will be the first subject in PCW made to adhere to my design.
Back to top Go down

Thesis Statement
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: PCW Promos :: PCW Promos :: Season 1 Promos-
Jump to: