Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Upcoming PPV Event

Most Recent Show

Latest topics
» The One True Wake Up Call. #003
Motivation - Vendetta I I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:14 am by Alejandro Rivera

» [SH:001] Humble Beginnings
Motivation - Vendetta I I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2024 11:57 pm by S.Howlett

» A Cut Above The Rest
Motivation - Vendetta I I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2024 11:48 pm by Augustus Dornberg

» Cure For the Plague
Motivation - Vendetta I I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2024 11:07 pm by Allison

» What do you feel, Fallon?
Motivation - Vendetta I I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2024 10:39 pm by Ceridwen

» "Cliches." Triumph
Motivation - Vendetta I I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2024 1:47 pm by James Christ

» - GOLD RUSH -
Motivation - Vendetta I I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2024 1:01 pm by Christopher Sabertooth

» Revival Screening
Motivation - Vendetta I I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2024 11:38 am by Fallon Stone

» THE LAST OUTLAW.
Motivation - Vendetta I I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2024 10:48 am by Matt Miles

Affiliates

Motivation - Vendetta I

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Matt Miles
Admin
Matt Miles

Motivation - Vendetta I Empty
PostSubject: Motivation - Vendetta I   Motivation - Vendetta I I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 5:40 am

”Motivation.”

The feed fades in from black to reveal a red-faced and sweating Matt Miles as he sits on a bench press machine. It’s clear by the look on his face and his ragged breaths that he’s still taking his time to cool down from his workout. He takes a bottle of water from beside his feet and eagerly downs a good half of its contents in a matter of seconds. Letting out an emphatic gasp, Matt’s eyes meet the camera conveniently placed in front of him.

“Last week, I talked about motivation. What motivated me to get to where I am today, what was motivating me to earn a spot in this match, and what was going to motivate Nayati to live up to the hype and beat me for it. Of course, it would have been naive of me to think things weren’t going to go awry. I was going to wait until I was more presentable to talk about this monkey that’s been on my back for these last few months but honestly I’m tired of waiting and preparing statements and being professional about what I’ve been put through. For the last couple of years I’ve absolutely been a politician. I’d say the right things at the right time to try and get what I wanted. Sometimes it’d work out, sometimes it wouldn’t. But that was fine. When things didn’t go my way for a long time I took it as a kick up the ass to work harder and do better and if I wanted something done right? I’d do it myself. That’s why my motivation for the Chamber of Valor has been so important. I gave two reasons for wanting to enter into this match. Now, it wasn’t my choice… but I’d be damned if I was going to give up the opportunity to — first of all — finally deal with AZAZEL and put an end to him once and for all. So what did he do? He did what any coward would. He ran away. So now Tomi Venus is fresh-faced, hasn’t wrestled in two weeks, and he gets to waltz into the Chamber without a scratch on him. That’s a big advantage, Tomi. I don’t need to tell you that. But that’s not what got to me. I wouldn’t care if I was the only person in this match who had to qualify. Iron sharpens iron.”

Miles lets out a sigh. His head drops. He looks up to the camera past his furled eyebrows, almost shaking his head in disappointment.

“What bothers me is that AZAZEL heard what I had to say and he ran. I’m a problem to him. A big one. And he doesn’t want to face me head on. He wants to get in my head and distract me from what really matters right now. He knew what he was doing when he interfered in my match with Nayati. I’m sure he’s hoping that I get softened up in this Chamber of Valor match so that when he finally has the balls to come at me head on I’ll be weak enough for him to actually have a chance at a fair fight. Surely I won’t actually win, right? Surely I won’t leave as the first Valor Champion knowing that he’s staring holes in the back of my head, will I?”

The tone of Miles’ voice shifts slowly but surely as he can’t help but smirk to himself.

“That would be so naive.”

His posture changes. Sitting up, his back straight, a stern expression.

“Allow me to re-introduce myself. I am Matt Miles. I am thee Matt Miles. The Man with the Midas Touch. That’s not a moniker I gave myself but one bestowed upon me by the one man who saw something in me when I was still a rookie cutting my teeth on a little show called NEO a decade ago. It’s a name that has stuck with me all that time and it’s a name I have lived up to for one very, very good reason: Everything I touch? It does turn to gold. From EAW to AWF to OWA to SSW to right here in PCW my name has been associated with championship gold. And I’ve shown time and time again I’m not a one and done guy. There are so many people we’ve seen win and lose world championships and disappear for months because they “need a break”. Well not me. I didn’t sign with a company named Prestige Championship Wrestling to take days off. I came here to ensure it lived up its name the same way that I have. Whether I am doing that as its World Champion or as its Valor Champion makes no difference to me, especially when I look at the names that have both tried and succeeded to enter this Chamber match. Christopher Sabertooth and Nobi both just missed out on this opportunity, two former world champions in their own rights, the former of which pushed me to the very edge in my match with him only a few short months ago. These are the guys who didn’t make the cut.

His words cut through the air with his emphasis fittingly on the final few. Miles goes from reflective to… a confident curiousness.

“So I look at who is here... and my attention is immediately drawn to Emmanuelle, someone who only took a year on the big stage to solidify herself as wrestling’s Platinum Standard. Strong, rigid, and a very high melting point. That’s Emmanuelle. I know that to be true from watching with my own eyes. We’ve circled around the same promotions at similar times but only now are we crossing paths and I’d be lying if I said I hadn’t thought about this match a whole lot. Maybe not under these circumstances, but I’ve thought about it. I’ve wanted to face you for a long time, Emmy. A long time. I look at everything you’ve accomplished in your time in wrestling and you’ve made yourself a dream match for a lot of people. The thing is, when I say I’ve thought about us having a match I don’t just mean getting in the ring with you and putting on a masterclass. That would be the easy part. We’re talking practically second nature. What I think about when I see you is how much it would mean to beat you. But it’s not just you that I have to think about at Vendetta. Tomi Venus, Jupiter King, Sawyer, TJ Alexander. Everyone in this match has earned the right to be in this match. I’m sure someone will try to use AZAZEL’s forfeit as a “gotcha” against Tomi but they’d be setting themselves up for an upset if they did that. Taking off a mask doesn’t change what Target Smiles accomplished in the beginnings of PCW and it certainly doesn’t change the threat that he poses. Then there’s TJ. I’ve known Nobi practically my whole career. I’ve faced him more times than I can count off the top of my head. I know what it takes to not only put him down but keep him there and no matter what had happened between the two of you before, you were able to beat him on the first try, TJ. You might not realise it yet but that puts you on a looooot of people’s radars. And speaking of, Jupiter King has been on mine for a while. And since signing, so has Sawyer. I see the same drive and grit in them that I’ve seen in so many before them that have gone on to do some truly great — and some truly grueling — things. That’s a lot of weight to carry… but that’s why they’re here in this Chamber of Valor match. To prove if they can carry that weight or not. And that’s important to remember. Why are we all here? Who’s driven by redemption? By a chance to prove themself? And who’s driven by greed? I could probably answer that for everyone but I’ve found it’s better to let people show their true colours for themselves.”

An assured smile.

“I know why I came to this dance. It’s because…

I’m that.

Damn.

Good.

And if you want a hope in hell of becoming the first Valor Champion at Vendetta, you’re going to need to be.”

Fade to black.

Back to top Go down

Motivation - Vendetta I
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: PCW Promos :: PCW Promos :: Season 1 Promos-
Jump to: